The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.
- Saint Augustine
While this is just about the perfect quote for a blog about books and travel, it’s far too black and white and there are a million more inspirational travel quotes out there to discover. I’ve picked out a few famous travel quotes as well as some lesser-known ones, all great for when you are getting itchy feet - and short quotes also happen to be ideal for when you’re hunting for travel quotes for your Pinterest or Instagram. #travelquotestoliveby
After scouring the internet, I’ve put together what I reckon are a few of the best travel quotes out there. Read on to gain a little inspiration from these 10 short travel quotes.
1. Travelling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. - Ibn Battuta
2. Travel is as much a passion as ambition or love. – Letitia Elizabeth Landon
3. Travelling is the ruin of all happiness! There’s no looking at a building here after seeing Italy. - Fanny Burney
4. Drink heavily with locals whenever possible. - Anthony Bourdain
5. The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands. – Sir Richard Burton
6. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tzu
7. Travel is the frivolous part of serious lives, and the serious part of frivolous ones. - Sophie Swetchine
8. I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there. - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
9. All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware. - Martin Buber
10. Travel far enough, you meet yourself. - David Mitchell
11. A tourist is a fellow who drives thousands of miles so he can be photographed standing in front of his car. - Emile Ganest
12. Don’t listen to what they say go see. - Chinese proverb
13. Work, travel, save, repeat.
14. The most effective way to do it, is to do it. - Amelia Earhart
15. Adventure is worthwhile. - Aesop